Linking up again with Farley for currently October. Another update on my life in 6th grade.
So I figured being my first year I am working with a math coach. She observed my brilliant idea which was millionaire review for a test I need to give this week. Well one thing I need work on is differentiation. She had lots of good things to say but things I need to change immediately:
1) the amount if time I talk. I am losing half the class if I go on.
2) mad minutes are no more even though I see pros and cons, the students who are good will continue to be god and those who don't I'm going to take for intervention.
3) I'm going to try centers two times a week.
4) More peer interaction.
5) More of me modeling behavior. My student love to talk. A lot. So a suggestion was to model a lot.
6) become stricter with whiteboard use- no I drawing or writing when someone is presenting also nothing written that stays.
So I have work to do but I am always learning. Here's to success!
Any helpful hints?