Friday, December 21, 2012

Thoughts on the Week


I do not need to remind fellow teachers what happened a week ago in Connecticut, I was anxious to return to school Monday mostly because I knew I would look into the faces of my students and think of their future and their potential and how those who watch over us now in heaven passed far too young.  Surprisingly, it was quiet, my students are too young to understand. 

This update comes with some pictures of what we have been working on before the break, the pictures do not come with worksheets, I had the students show me their work on Ipads =)

I drew this monster and we made some easy multiplication and division statements from the picture.
 

Here's Santa!!

Double digit numbers with some partial product division, my new go to method I willpost a video of how to do this because students who have a hard time with the traditional method have more success with this method!
 
I am doing thinking blocks with the third grade group and how to visualize math differently:

I had the students draw the thinking blocks and show their work.

 
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 
Any go to non-lame and cheesy holiday activities for your classroom?
 


1 comment:

  1. I love the visualized approach. As someone who isn't the best at math, it always helped me in school when teachers could not just give me numbers to work with, but also objects to bring the concepts to life!

    ReplyDelete