Saturday, September 8, 2012

September Madness

My fellow followers, I apologize for my much needed update.  I have been in the mist of NWEA testing but have some things to share.  I am starting to know students, teachers, etc I feel like my school is becoming home.  The other day I was walking between two fifth grade classes and they were all like "Miss KAYYYY!!!" That was nice, I cannot wait to set my groups up. 

I am in the process of creating some worksheets, which I will post.  Also I am getting a screenshot of my Ipad apps to share as well, so stay tuned, trying to learn how to do so at the same time.

I actually have a budget for books!  So I did a lot of research and came up with this list, if you have a suggestion, or comment let me know.  You can tell which authors I liked.  
Inchworm and a Half Elinor J Pinczes
Remainder of One Elinor J Pinczes
One Hundred Hungry Ants Elinor J Pinczes
If you Hopped like a Frog David Schwartz
G is for Googol David Schwartz
If You Made a Million   David Schwartz
How Much is a Million David Schwartz
Second is a Hiccup   Hazel Hutchins
Great Estimation Bruce Goldstone
Grapes of Math Greg Tang
Math Potatoes Greg Tang
Math Appeal: Mind-Stretching Math Riddles Greg Tang
Math Riddles Greg Tang
Math-erpieces Greg Tang
Shark Swimathon Stuart Murphy
Divide and Ride Stuart Murphy
Lemonade for Sale Stuart Murphy
Penny Pot Stuart Murphy
Elevator Magic Stuart Murphy
Math Counts: Weight Henry Pluckrose
Math Counts: Capacity Henry Pluckrose
Math Counts: Time Henry Pluckrose
Math Counts: Length Henry Pluckrose
Mummy Math An Adventure in Geometry Cindy Neuschwander  
Sir Cumference and the first round table Cindy Neuschwander  
Sir Cumference: and the Dragon of Pi Cindy Neuschwander  
Sir Cumference: and the Great Knight of Angleland Cindy Neuschwander  
Sir Cumference: and the Isle of Immeter Cindy Neuschwander  
Sir Cumference: and the Sword in the Cone Cindy Neuschwander  
Sir Cumference: and the Viking's Map   Cindy Neuschwander  
Pastry School in Paris: An Adventure in Capacity Cindy Neuschwander  
Round Trip Ann Jonas
Reflections Ann Jonas
Actual Size Steve Jenkins  
Grandfather Tang's Story: A Tale Told With Tangrams Ann Tompert
Apple Fractions  Jerry Pallotta  
Hershey's Milk Chocolate:Weights and Measures  Jerry Pallotta  
Twizzlers Percentages Book  Jerry Pallotta  
Spaghetti and Meatballs for All! Marilyn Burns
The Greedy Triangle Marilyn Burns
Math Curse Jon Scieszka
Counting on Frank Rod Clement
Measuring Penny Loreen Leedy
A Very Improbable Story  Edward Einhorn
Multiplying Menace: The Revenge of Rumpelstilskin Pam Calvert
If You Were a Fraction  Marcie Aboff
Piece = Part = Portion Scott Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment