Monday, August 20, 2012

Taming the Beast

So the beast that is my room, is SLOWLY coming together, key word is slowly.  I have small spaces for posters, so I was going to do a math focus wall where I would change it week-per-week depending on the topic covered (which may be hard because I am covering 3 grade levels but hopefully they will line up). Also, I hope to have a room to brag about at the end of this week.

As you saw I had zero open storage for my students in my classroom, thus the bookshelf.  But I wanted to share my idea to get more space out of something cheap.


This is a pencil bin from the dollar section at Target I got last year.


I created partitions using an extra piece of cardboard from a box.  I figured I could separate markers, colored pencils, expo markers, etc so I can maximize space in my classroom. Total investment: $1


I also wanted to share a freebie from fellow blogger: Teaching My 3:

 Math Freebie  switching to the common core and the need to have student see numbers clearer, I love how this includes the number word, items, ten frame and money, up to the number 20!  Grab it while it is free fellow math teachers.

How do you use what you have to make something new?





2 comments:

  1. I love the pencil box! It is so cute! I am such a box hoarder. You may not have a use for them when you get them but there's always times where you're going "I wish I had something to put ____ in!". You sure know how to make a teacher's budget last! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA THANK YOU! I love that you take note of that =) I try to make a budget spread, since being on a budget myself ( you know how that goes miss fashionista!)
      Thank you for your comment <3

      Delete