Thursday, August 2, 2012

First blog Post!

As my district moves into Common Core, I wanted this blog to be a place where I share some lesson plan ideas, classroom organization set ups, and just general math geekness that I come across.  Who doesn't love looking at pictures?

I am Miss K (shortened) my first name is Christie.  I have been a Title One Math teacher and am starting my second year in my district.  

The first thing I wanted to share is "Number of the Day", which is a concept I have seen done on teacherspayteachers and pintrest, however I used it every day last year and saw come great number sense accomplishments in my students.  I wanted to share the version of "Number of the Day" that I created (with some help of my fabulous assistant I had last year)


The new common core is all about modeling so I made sure so include that in my Number of the Day.  The students can model using 10-frames, base-10 block pictures, or singapore math method.  As I teach these I will add examples!

In the margin below the rounding, I will have students draw the number lines for rounding their numbers.  Again as I get examples I will post more pictures. 

This whole common core thing is going to be an insteresting transition, hopefully we will all get through it together.  Anything you would like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment